What Scripture Says About Salvation
A Bible Study by Fred Kenison
The Evangelical Formula
Evangelical denominations see salvation as a sort of heavenly lottery, with the emphasis on the individual=s action, not on what Jesus did at Calvary. The major emphasis is to, "ask Jesus to be your personal savior so you can go to heaven when you die." As we show in the following chart, there are several things wrong with this formula.
What evangelicals rarely or never mention:
* Salvation is an ongoing process-past, present, and future aspects-
which culminates only when Jesus returns.
* Seeing salvation as a specific in-time event offers no hope for tomorrow.
* By preaching heaven, people never understand the kingdom of God.
* People do not choose to be saved any more than they chose to be
sinners; the only choice people have is to not rebel against God.
* In this age, every person already has holy spirit upon them when they
© 2009 Purkaitheion Press. All Rights Reserved Worldwide.